Monday 16 May 2016

Getting wrecked in Rio


Moving up to the next series, Speed Without Limits.


The only choice of vehicle that was offered was the McLaren P1, which came in a certain shade of orange....


....nearly matching another McLaren I own, in another game I play.


Rio de Janeiro isn't a totally new track to me, I have experienced it before, a few trial runs in Free Play mode. A tricky course, with well placed bumps to lose traction on and corners with interesting angles.


Nevertheless, I wanted to take the P1 out and see how well I could do, cold with no practice in the car.


According to the ingame counter, :57 is where things started to go totally wrong. The game started to lock up, just giving me windows of mere micro-seconds, to try and correct what was about to happen, or brace for impact. After about 20 seconds of that, the game recovered and I was able to pick up the recording to finish the race. Check out the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nB8uIPLTCc


I doubt a body shop would give me any kind of deals on the repairs. 


The best part? Despite the technical issues and some pretty poor driving on my part, I pulled off a top three standing in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment