Wednesday 9 November 2016

A freebie from The Crew?


I have been spending most of my free time playing Foza Motorsport 6 on both the Xbox One and PC, so I haven't been keeping close tabs on The Crew. I do know that the Calling All Units expansion is coming up at the end of the month and I found a piece of a code on the Community News.

So, imagine my surprise when I load up the game and greeted by the image at the top of this post.


There is no mention of this event ingame, nor on the website (that I could find).


Sure enough, I have a Cadillac Escalade added to my current roster of vehicles ( I bought the RAM Truck a short while ago, having some mixed feelings about my starter car, the Nissan 370Z, being able to complete some of these early missions).


For what it's worth, the price is right for the specs it can cover, all but the top three.


After a visit to all the tuning shops, the current stats make it my best vehicle in my garage, except for the Viper, in Performance.


Free does come at a price. Remember, the Escalade is a full size, body on frame sport utility. As versatile as these vehicles are (group in the Tahoe, Yukon and Suburbans), they do suffer from one major drawback, being top heavy. They don't turn corners at high speed, rather lean out and plow the curve. Imagine taking a short school bus around a go-kart track, very same idea here.

However, take the Escalade from the street and onto off-road conditions, now we have a vehicle that seems to perform better in those wide, open spaces. Although I am still experimenting with mine, I think crossing off any street duty action with this vehicle (in my hands) is a prudent move.

So, I don't know if this an intentional giveaway, unannounced bonus or a error on Ubisoft's part, get yours while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment