Monday 21 November 2016

Pursuit Special - The Crew and Introduction


With the release of The Crew Calling All Units expansion just days away, I thought I would take this inspired opportunity to have a look back at some other games I played that involved some form of police action and racing. Interestingly enough, some titles may or may not surprise you.

However, with these games of yesteryear, I wanted to see if I could find a link to connect them in some way or fashion (other than just me playing them). Here is how I think I could do it....



Enter the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce "China Limited Edition", debuting at the Beijing Auto Show in 2010. The grey paint and stripe scheme inspired me to recreate the look in Need for Speed World and now, The Crew.


However, some games won't allow any customization, other than a choice of paint. For those, the Murciélago will wear paint much like the one pictured above.


Believe it or not, there might be a game or two that doesn't have a Lamborghini Murciélago as an available option. In that case, a black Countach, like the one seen in the classic car film, The Cannonball Run, will be used.

Some might wonder why I went with the Countach and the Murciélago. Well, both were very popular "dream cars" of their day for a lot of folks (including this guy right here) and to live that fantasy out in a video game fulfills one of that form of entertainment's purpose.

However, there is another reason behind all of this. With the upcoming release of the Calling All Units expansion, I want to gauge my own skills against artificially controlled police units in different game environments, hopefully to better prepare myself for those that will be player controlled.


The Crew. I recently bought a Murciélago ingame and thanks to the customization options, nearly matched the look of the "China Limited Edition", with a few creative liberties. Here is how I fared with my Performance Spec vs The Law....

No comments:

Post a Comment