Wednesday 23 November 2016

Pursuit Special - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2



I do believe it all started here. Although I had played a few games before that involved a good police chase, Hot Pursuit 2 was the then, new benchmark standard of how I measured games of this genre. Plus, I could play both sides of the law! A great arcade game to play, without having to leave the house with a couple of rolls of quarters (those of you who are old enough know what I am getting at here).


When this title was originally released back in 2002, the Lamborghini MurciƩlago was still a brand new, real world car on the market, first offered the year before. Public acceptance was rather slow, took years for the Diablo hype to wane from public consciousness (and even then, it never truly went away).

Options ingame were short, only paint choices from a very limited palette and custom tuning was nonexistent. The graphics have held up rather well, looking about the same as on my then-new-to-me home PC, but both would be obviously dated by today's standards....

No comments:

Post a Comment